Earlier today, I needed to open a PDF to be edited. I tried to launch Adobe Acrobat Pro X, which is part of my CS6 suite, and nothing happened.
Rebooted the PC and tried again. Nothing.
Opened the Adobe Application Manager, and it said it was not installed.
I knew that can’t be right, so I opened “Programs and Features” from Control Panel. Yep, Acrobat Pro X is there, so I tried reinstalling, but that did not work.
Googleing the problem revealed others had a similar problem and the solution. Be sure to have your serial number for CS6 ready before trying this.
Hat tip to LoriAUC for her instructions at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4546952.
- You must be connected to the Internet.
- Make sure you have your CS6 serial number.
- Launch any CS6 application other than Acrobat or Flash Builder. I used Dreamweaver.
- On the menu bar of the application you opened, click “Help” then click “Deactivate”.
- Close the application.
- Open the application you just closed or any other CS6 application other than Acrobat or Flash Builder.
- Once the application opens, accept the EULA.
- Register the trial by signing in using your Adobe account credentials.
- After the application opens, close the application.
- Open the application again and wait for the user interface window to come up.
- Click the “License this Software” button.
- Click on “Sign in”
- Enter your CS6 serial number and click Next.
- Close the application, then open the application.
- Try to open Acrobat Pro.